Their client base and number of ongoing projects is growing on a daily basis and they are currently hiring 5 more team members to support that growth. It’s an opportunity to become a member of an ambitious, successful and highly motivated team that achieved 300% increase in gross margin over the last 18 months.
The Project Manager is responsible for the managing utility connection and alteration projects end to end, ensuring they are completed timely and accurately in accordance with the company standards. As a project manager you will be liaising with contractors, M&E consultants, architect, site managers, client representatives and utility suppliers and any other parties involved on the project.
- Timely and accurate completion of programmes, risk registers and utility trackers
- Pro-active communication with relevant team on any challenges or delays and assessment of the impact on deadlines to all key stakeholders
- Managing client expectations around project delivery to ensure positive experience and if necessary, escalate to commercial team anything that affects the commercial viability or risk profile of projects
- Advising clients on the timelines and best course of action to complete the project (electricity, gas and water; connections, installations, diversions, disconnections)
- Leading all utility site visits and meetings including pre-start meeting and liaising with all key stakeholders throughout the duration of the project
- Developing excellent relationships with new and existing clients and partners/suppliers
- Coordinating with suppliers and agents to ensure clarity on deliverables, costs and time scales while ensuring that these are met
- Supporting the team in achieving overall business objectives
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in project management with a proven track record of successful projects (the size of the project is not as relevant as the quality of delivery)
- Knowledge of gas, water and electricity connections processes (desirable)
- Experience within the energy or construction sector
- Knowledge of contractual risk and project management processes
- Ability to lead site visits and onsite project review meetings
- Excellent communication skills both on the phone and face to face in English
- Full clean UK driving licence (desirable)
Desired personality traits: professional, reliable, energetic, committed, driven, entrepreneurial, tenacious, diligent, organised, independent, efficient.
£50-£70k per annum (depending on experience) + an attractive commission and bonus structure
35 hours per week
Sutton, Surrey (excellent public transport links)
Perks & Benefits:
Flexible working hours, a clear career progression plan with, pension scheme, medical benefits, opportunities to work from home, free tea/coffee and fruit. We would also fully fund any formal training requirements for the role under a training agreement.